Latest News / Winter Newsletter
To ensure you receive messages regarding school closings or other school related news, please let the front office know of any phone number changes.
It is extremely important students are at school on time. Students are counted tardy after 7:35. It is also important for students to stay in school the entire day. Frequent tardies and checking out early add up over time.
For example if a students is 10 minutes late or leaves 10 minutes early for an entire week that is 50 minutes of instruction lost.
Also, please label your child’s coat and other items, and please keep collecting Box Tops for Education.
In preparation for Milestones testing, we wanted to inform you we will not have lunchroom visits from April 11-May 2. Our Milestones testing will require us to make changes to schedules and we do want guests to arrive and their child’s schedule has been changed or their child is still testing. This will impact all grade levels Pre-K through 5th. Please go ahead and let grandparents or anyone else you have granted permission to eat with your child know of our 3 week window with no lunchroom visitors. Should we complete the testing window earlier, we will notify you and open our lunchroom back up to the members of our Swain family. We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.
Yearbooks are now $30.00
* March 15- Spring pictures
* March 20-24- Book Fair
* April 3-7- Spring Break!
* April 11-First day of Milestone testing
* April 30- Last Day to Order a Yearbook!
* May 2-Spring chorus concert 6:30
* May 11-Field Day 3rd-5th grade
* May 12-Field Day K-2nd grade
* May 12-PTO Spring Fling
* May 22-4th and 5th grade service learning project
* May 23- Pre-K and K award ceremony (times to be announced once Milestones retest confirmed)
* May 24- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th award ceremony (times to be announced once Milestones retest confirmed)
* May 26-5th grade award program
* May 26-Last Day of School!